Marketers are constantly putting efforts to discover new and profitable channels for reaching out to customers. With the increasing number of people using smartphones, mobile marketing revolutionizes the traditional ways of enticing customers and becomes a hot marketing trend. So it’s essential to know what are mobile marketing trends for successful digital marketing strategy.
Mobile devices are now an integrated part of our lives. In the decade of smartphones, the prevailing majority of people spend a full quarter of their day on their mobile device. That’s because people prefer to access all the data on the go. So, for example, one type of mobile marketing, SMS marketing is allowing to put your marketing messages directly into the hands. This is what mobile marketing is all about.
It’s now proven that businesses adopting mobile marketing into their digital marketing strategy have better chances to rank high among customers. This gives the marketing trend-watchers a firm ground to come up with the following recommendation: go mobile or go home. But before we dive deeper into 2019 mobile marketing “adapt or die” trends, let’s take a brief journey back and see how mobile marketing thrived over the years. Here are the key trends in mobile marketing from 2015 to 2019.
Mobile Marketing Trends in 2015
Following over 25% growth of smartphone usage in 2014, mobile marketing took a long leap forward in 2015. The preceding year also was notorious for striking number of online security branches that affected mobile users as well. Thus, the key mobile marketing trend of 2015 became security, infrastructure, and overall blocking and tackling. The second important trend was the big shift to mobile payments.
Mobile Marketing Trends in 2016
The dominance of mobile over desktop became more apparent during 2016. The biggest trend, however, was the increasing volumes of mobile ads. The global mobile advertising market surpassed $100 billion in spending and accounting for more than 50% of all digital ad expenditure in 2016.
Mobile Marketing Trends in 2017
The mobile marketing went on revolutionizing the overall digital advertising landscape In 2017 as well. Location-based marketing became the main trend of the year. Brands began the shift towards location-based marketing as it enabled them to provide relevant content based on a user’s geolocation.
Mobile Marketing Trends in 2018
The video was already a significant part of mobile marketing but it reached its peak in 2018. Parallel to the improvement of the mobile network, video consumption recorded steady growth becoming the most consumed form of content across the devices. Automatically starting videos without a sound took the mobile marketing arena that year.
Mobile Marketing Trends in 2019
Augmented reality and artificial intelligence are the top trends in mobile marketing right now. Big companies already use AI to understand the user’s behavior on the basis of their previous searches and recommend relevant mobile marketing ads. Augmented reality, in its turn, gives companies the ability to layer on data and computer-generated graphics on top of videos, photos, and ads.
What’s on the horizon of mobile marketing in the upcoming years?
What do you think will be the next big trend in mobile marketing in the future?
It’s all a matter of time!
Mobile search trends
Did you know that mobile devices account for over half (57%) of all organic search engine visits? Whereas, 40% of people search only on a smartphone. Google drove 95% of all US paid search ad clicks on mobile. For a better insight of mobile search current trends, let’s see the numbers below.
- 88% of consumers who search for a local business on mobile, visit or call the company within 24 hours. (Source)
- 3 of 4 mobile searches trigger follow-up actions.
- 55% of conversions from mobile search occur within an hour. While 81% of conversions take place in 5 hours. (Source)
- The prevailing 72% of mobile searches belong to the food and beverage industry.
- 68% of mobile searches are directed to the health industry.
- The same percentage of searches people allocate to sports.
- News and media, lifestyle and automobiles get over 60% mobile searches.
- 52-56% of users search for travel and retail on mobile devices.
- 42-48% of mobile searches account for real estate and entertainment.
- Banking services get searched by 39% of mobile users.
Mobile video marketing trends
Nowadays, consumers hope for content that’s live, on-demand and relevant. Not surprisingly, videos are on the rise. According to Cisco, a video will make up 80 percent of all internet traffic by the end of 2019. Consequently, mobile video consumption is flourishing rapidly. Read on to learn about the latest trends in marketing with mobile.
- Vertical video: In the mobile-centered world, vertical video rules the trend and is expected to keep growing. When the Vertical Video was at its peak popularity, mobile video views only accounted for around 14% of all video views. By the first quarter of 2018, that number had risen to a phenomenal 58% and it continues growing.
- In-App Video Ads: The shift to in-app video ads is already there. Forrester’s forecasts that 78% of all mobile video advertising spend will be in-app during 2019.
- Live Streaming Video: With Instagram Live, Facebook Live, live video streaming is up, up, and one more time up in 2019. Companies live stream major events, show off new products, organize webinars to create more direct communication with customers.
- 360-Degree Video: Mobile marketing is level-upped by 360-degree videos that give people a more immersive view opportunity. It allows views to feel completely involved by exploring every part of the environment displayed. They can view up, down, left, right, or behind.
B2B Mobile Marketing Trends
It is a well-known fact that B2C companies benefit from mobile marketing greatly.
But is it true for B2B mobile marketing?
The answer is “YES”.
Business-to-business buyers spend more and more time on their mobile devices for work. Here’s a list of B2B mobile marketing trends that shape 2019:
Mobile Content is the King
Every marketer knows that content is the king. The same rule applies to mobile content too. The right, engaging and optimized content is the leading trend for B2B mobile marketing. So, marketers allocate significant time and resources to have a winning mobile content strategy.
Visual Content and Videos
Graphics and videos are an engaging method in B2B mobile marketing to entice more clients. Content Marketing Institute reveals that 54% of the consumers want to see more visual content from a company they do business with.
Artificial Intelligence and Hyper-Personalization
Artificial intelligence breaks through B2B mobile marketing faster than the speed of light. It becomes a leading trend in B2B mobile marketing. AI helps B2B marketers to understand customer behavior and adjust their mobile marketing strategy to their needs. B2B companies integrate AI technologies into their mobile marketing campaigns to provide more personalized offers and thus, increase traffic and boost revenue.
Mobile App Marketing Trends
Mobile app marketing mainly focuses on catering to the needs of consumers through the means of mobile apps. Let’s move directly to the mobile app marketing trends that highlight 2019. Embrace the app trends and grow your business by making the most of mobile marketing!
Chatbots made their way into mobile in 2018. The worldwide Chatbot market is expected to grow to 1250 million US Dollars in 2025. So, do not miss out on the trend!
Mobile commerce has become a preferred shopping method for the majority of people. Consequently, mobile wallets that provide secure encryption are among mobile app trends of 2019 (Learn more here).
With businesses embracing the on-demand strategy, the on-demand app sector becomes trending as ever. The revenue of the on-demand app industry was $14 billion in 2014, while it is expected to reach 335 billion by the year 2025.