Have you ever had an appointment with a doctor that you forgot to go to? Or do you have a business that needs to constantly send text appointment reminders to its customers?
With how fast and busy our lifestyles have grown to become, it gets increasingly hard to keep track of and remember everything. People can get caught up with a lot of stuff on the go and forget an important appointment they had made prior. And as a business, you will be wasting valuable time and resources for customers who are not going to show up.
Fortunately, there is a solution to the issue—sending appointment reminders via text message. Text messaging can be used to remind clients about their upcoming appointments.
Now you must be thinking how much of a chore it is to manually send text message reminders to each client—after all, how much different is it to just calling them by phone? Do not worry, in reality, it is not that complicated. All you need to do is find a decent text appointment reminder software that offers text messaging services. They can automate the whole process, thus saving you the trouble of doing the whole work by yourself.
After you find your software you find preferable—one that meets your needs—the software will automatically send SMS messages to clients reminding them of upcoming appointments as well as when said appointments are booked.
Text Message Appointment Reminder Samples
If you are struggling to think of text appointment reminder examples, there are thousands of such samples online. Here we will list a couple of samples for you to get an idea of what yours could look like.
- Dear [client’s name], this is from [company name] to remind you your appointment on [date] from [time] till [time]. In case you need to reschedule the appointment, please contact me at [company phone number].
- Dear [client’s name], this is a reminder from [company name] about your appointment on [date] from [time] till [time]. If you need to reschedule, please contact me at [company phone number].
- Hi [client’s name], this is a reminder for your appointment on [date/time]. Reply “Y” to confirm, “N” to cancel or STOP to quit.
- Hi [client’s name]. This is [your name] from [company name]. This is just a friendly reminder for our appointment at [date/time]. Please be sure to fill out all of the paperwork I emailed you prior to our meeting as well. Thanks!
- Hello [client’s name], just a reminder that your appointment is today at [time]. Please let us know if you are unable to make – [phone number].
- Hi [client’s name], this is [your name] from [company name]. You have an appointment booked tomorrow, [date/time]. Please text “Y” to confirm. Thanks!
Check our full text messaging templates here!
Medical Appointment Reminder via Text
The healthcare industry is one of the more prominent users of SMS messaging. They use text services to remind patients of their appointments. The reason is simple—medical institutions lose a lot of money and resources because of patients who do not show up.
Doctors’ time is simply too valuable to be wasted because a patient decided not to come or forgot about their appointment. SMS reminders are proven to reduce no-show patients by 25-30% on average. Add to that the fact that SMS is affordable and does not break the budget, and it is no wonder why the healthcare industry uses this channel for appointment reminders and communication so much.
Medical Appointment Text Samples
Here are a few samples of text message appointment reminders for the healthcare industry.
- Please don’t forget your appointment with Dr. Brown on [date/time] at our office location. Please reply to Confirm or Cancel.
- Hello! You have an appointment with Dr. Carmicheal on [date/time].
- Dear [patient’s name]. Just a friendly reminder about your appointment with Dr. Wallace. You appointment is [date/time/place]. We appreciate your time and look forward to seeing you then!
Appointment Reminder via Automated Text Message
As discussed earlier, there are a lot of companies out there offering automated appointment reminders. Basically, what you essentially need to do using these services is selecting your customers (who you will be contacting), creating or using ready-made text message templates and scheduling when the message ought to be sent.
The rest will be taken care of by the automated SMS API system. The whole process is managed by the software, starting from bookings and reservations and ending with reminders and follow-up messages. The text message appointment reminder system automates all the tasks which would otherwise be a logistical nightmare to take care of.